Faith Formation at Portland Mennonite Church strives to form a bridge between our Christian faith and everyday lives. Our programs are intended to invite people of all ages to grow in faith.
Sunday School Classes for Adults and Children run throughout the school year. There is no Sunday School during the summer months.
Youth and Children
Someone once said it takes a Christian to help make another Christian. Here at PMC we try to place the relationship between mature Christian adults and our children and youth at the center of our ministry. Together, with our children, by the grace of God, we are striving to be an Anabaptist community that is shaped by the life of Christ, acts with the compassion of Christ, and worships in the name of Christ.
At Portland Mennonite Church (PMC) we strive to provide a safe and nurturing environment where children can experience the love of God. There are various settings where this happens.
- Sunday School(lower level) PMC presently usesGather ’Round: Hearing and Sharing God’s Good News, a Bible-based curriculum with an Anabaptist perspective for Sunday morning Sunday School. Classes begin at 9:00 a.m. and are offered for age 3 through Jr-High.
- Children’s Time in Adult Worship On most Sunday mornings children of all ages are invited to come to the front of the sanctuary for a special children’s time. PMC values this moment of story telling and interaction with our children.
- Children’s Worship (lower level) Most Sundays an age appropriate worship service is offered in the fellowship hall (lower level) for children ages 3 through first grade. Children’s worship begins after Children’s time when they are invited downstairs and are returned to you during the sharing time at the end of the service.
- The Nursery (lower level) A nursery for children up to 2 years old is available during Sunday School and the worship service. Policies for signing your child in and out will be explained to you by nursery staff.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) This one day summer event combines fun, learning and good food in an outdoor setting.
- Membership classes are a great way to explore becoming more deeply committed to our faith community while learning more about Portland Mennonite Church and the broader Anabaptist world.
- Peace Lecture Series PMC hosts an annual Peace Lecture Series. Check back here for more information.
For more information about Jr High & Senior high youth groups visit thier BLOG
For more information about Children's ministry visit their BLOG