The goal of Congregational Life at Portland Mennonite church is to bring people together in the name of Christ. Our church community is spread out through the I-5 corridor, because of this and the importance of being involved with each other's lives, we have a variety of ways for our church community to come together. PMC is a vibrant congregation full of people from a variety of backgrounds and stages of life. Everyone is welcomed to participate in the activities of PMC.
WAYS TO CONNECT...
- Small Groups: Small Groups are a place for relationships to be established and to grow. They are a source of support for individuals and provide a place for spiritual growth and nurture. Groups generally meet the 4th Sunday of every month in each others homes.
- Gathering of Women: 5 times during the year (and sometimes more) the women of PMC come together for dessert and discussion. We talk time for time in small groups and for informal conversations during our time spent together
- Church Retreat: This event happens the 2nd weekend in May at Twin Rocks Friends Camp and Conference Center; www.twinrocks.org. Here the PMC community gathers each year to grow, laugh, and re-connect with each other.
[Retreat date for 2013: May 10-12]
- Fellowship Meals: Several times a year, we share our food and lives.
- Summer Hikes: Two types of hiking experiences will be offered, some for those interested in longer and difficult hikes to hikes designed for families.
- Jr High and Youth Groups: Teens in 9th through 12th grades meet together about 3 times a month for a variety of activities. Kids in 6th through 8th grade also meet about three times a month including a once a month club experience. More information can be found on thier BLOG.
For more information contact Rachel Ringenberg Miller