Portland Mennonite Church's hope is to invite others to join with us as we live out our Christian Mennonite faith. It is through the Community Outreach that we can provide the space and opportunity for others to come along with us in connecting our faith to our daily lives. At PMC Community Outreach means doing two things of equal importance; social justice and evangelism. We are committed to teachings of Jesus which invite us to form relationships with others and to share with them the Good News of Jesus.
OPPORTUNITIES TO GET INVOLVED
- A partnership with Anawim Christian Fellowship serving those experiencing homelessness.
- Welcome Luncheon: Starting in October and ending in March, a lunch is hosted every second Sunday by members of PMC for those who are newer to PMC to get to know others from congregation and vice versa.
- Peace , Justice, and Environment Committee: This committee highlights and sponsors activities for all to learn ways to promote peace and justice for all living things.
- Hiking Club - Four times a year a group of PMCers and those recently housed go on hikes throughout Oregon. This hiking club is a partnership with New City Initiative.
- Fish Emergency Service: Every third Sunday in each month the people of PMC bring needed food items for Fish to give to those in need.
- Sunnyside Mennonite Montessori School: This is a preschool that meets in the church building and uses the Montessori Method.
- Mennonite Disaster Service: Through out the year PMC volunteers at various MDS projects near and far to help those lost homes through a natural disaster.
- The Jr High youth group has an ongoing partnership supporting the work of the Portland Back Pack Lunch Program
For more information contact Rachel Ringenberg Miller